Saturday, January 19, 2008

Baby Brett's Birthday Bash




Today, we celebrated our youngest daughter's first birthday. Actually her birthday is December 28, but we decided to wait til all the Christmas hoopla was over to celebrate. Luckily, she didn't know the difference and didn't complain at all!




So, we decided on a butterfly theme for no other reason than the fact that there was nothing else I liked at Party City. But we made the most of it. I made a cute birthday cake, hung some tissue paper butterflies from the dining room light, and even made an adorable butterfly dress! My mom made some killer lasagna, and we had fun introducing the greatness that is the Wii to some friends and family while the kiddos ran around the house like crazy, getting into this and that.



I can't believe that she is already one! She has been the sweetest off all the babies. Always smiling with that cute little dimple in her cheek. She has cheerfully put up with all her sister's abuse, which has been frequent and unmericiful. She was also the first and only not to scream bloody murder when eating her first birthday cake. The other two freaked at having a mess on their hands, but she was content to stab at her little cake with a spoon while the rest of us ate the butterfly cake.

I know all too well that sweet babies can turn into demanding little 2 year olds (ahem...Anneliese), so I better treasure this time of wet kisses and sweet little baby babbling while I have it! So, Happy Birthday, my sweet little Mary Rose....I love you.

No comments: